Monday, November 1, 2010

Trick Lesson #1

So I've reviewed everything that I'm gonna do with this horse in teaching her to bow and pray.  I proceed with Trick Lesson #1.   The first trick is catching her!  I've had her in the round pen but this horse is not going to have anything to do with this.  She's so used to being turned out that she can't figure out what the heck I want to do.  Surely she knows I'm up to something because I have my jeans pocket buldging with treats.  Nope.  She swings her butt around to me.  She is not going to cooperate.  Now, this is a horse that I ride all the time but she doesn't know about this round pen.  After many runs around the pen, she finally turns to face me and is coming to me.  Sorta.  Clinton Anderson, where are you when I need you?  I did manage to halter her, take it off and do it all again several times.  Then I had her following me around, stopping and starting and turning without a halter.  Okay, that's enough for today.  So much for the trick.  Good lesson for me.  I kept her in there so I could repeat it and do it all again the next day.  My Cowboy drives up and informs me he has to be on the road tomorrow.  Oh, yes, take me, take me.  I love tagging along and seeing the countryside.  And the weather couldn't be more perfect.  So out the pen the horse goes to be more confused than ever.  Poor horse.  She's as good as gold putting up with all my shenanigans. 
Vio con Dios,
The Preacher's Wife  

No comments:

Post a Comment